- Please treat the Hotel, Volunteers, and Convention Staff with respect.
- Convention Staff, Guests, and Attendees may not engage in any activities that are prohibited by law.
- Convention Staff, Guests, and Attendees may not be in possession of any item defined as a weapon, illegal or not. (See Weapons Policy below for more details) — This is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
- Convention Staff, Guests, and Attendees may not bring any animals onto the premises, with the exception of licensed ADA Working Animals.
- Everyone is required to purchase a ticket for admission; proof of ticket purchase (badge) must be displayed at all times. Children 11 and under are free.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No sleeping is allowed in any Convention Area, at any time.
- Outside Alcohol is not permitted in Convention Space — This is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
- Usage or possession of illegal drugs is strictly forbidden — This is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
- Harassment of any type is forbidden — This is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
- We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of your badge and you will be removed from the premises without a refund.
- Famous Monsters Convention® is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience. Famous Monsters Convention® will not tolerate inappropriate behavior of any kind, including but not limited to harassment because of age, disability, marital status, race or color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated.
- Anyone who feels their experience is being compromised due to unacceptable or questionable behavior is encouraged to speak with Convention staff immediately. Locate the nearest volunteer and ask to be directed to a convention staff member either at registration or the Event Merchandise Booth. Personally confronting the aggressor or posting on social media is not advised.
- Any threatening behavior with the intent to harass, annoy, alarm, abuse, torment or embarrass another is unacceptable and grounds for removal without refund. If unacceptable behavior continues after being escorted out local authorities may be contacted.
- Famous Monsters Convention® is not responsible for solving any interpersonal problems that may arise. We can take no action to prevent a person from attending the convention unless that person has made a specific and credible threat toward the convention itself or if another individual can produce a legal restraining order.
WEAPONS (LIVE AND COSPLAY) POLICY
- Any and all LIVE weapons are NOT allowed — This includes individuals who possess a weapons permit (concealed or otherwise); Leave your pistols and knives at home.
- All prop weapons must be checked with Security on each day of the convention. All prop weapons will be peace-tied at the door as you enter for registration. All prop weapons cannot be functional.
- If Security decides that a weapon is too dangerous, you will be asked to return the item to your room/car.
- No swinging, play fighting (unarmed included) or throwing of weapons.
EVENTS & AUTOGRAPH LINES
- Keep lines single-file and stay close to the wall/barricades.
- No cutting — be courteous to others.
- Don’t argue with the Staff if they attempt to correct you.
- Keep in mind that the Staff is not yelling at you, but they have to speak loudly enough for the entire line to hear.
- Please fill seats as completely as possible — Try not to leave empty spaces.
- Any event-specific rules will be announced at the start of the individual event. Please listen while they are being announced.
PHOTO OP RULES
A few reminders to make this a great experience:
- This is a photo op, not a meet and greet. It will go quickly. Please be respectful of your star and your fellow fans.
- Please have your ticket out BEFORE you enter the room, and make sure you have checked your “look” for a wonderful photo!
- Please hand any packages to assistant for pick-up upon exiting the studio.
- NO GIFT GIVING. Please do this at the autograph area.
- Special poses must be quick. Decide BEFORE you are stepping into the shot. Your star has the right to decline.
- Please remove your glasses, as they can reflect the lights and ruin your shot.
- NO SELFIES.
- Photos are for personal use ONLY. They are subject to copyright and cannot be sold to a third party or altered in any way.
- HAVE FUN! Your stars are very nice people and happy to be here, so relax and enjoy yourself!
- Photos are printed as they are shot. Please check for pick-up location. All printing should be completed within ten minutes of the end of the photo op.
DANCE & PERFORMANCE EVENTS
- Security will not watch or hold bags or items for you — please leave them in your room/car.
- Security may initiate a bag or pocket check for contraband.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- No fighting (or dance fighting).
- If you have a history of seizures, asthma or heart attack, please AVOID the dance, rave or band events. The heat and flashing lights may trigger attacks.
- No means no — Harassment will not be tolerated. If you are being harassed in any way, please bring it to the attention of Security.
- Any solicitation of alcohol or drugs will result in immediate expulsion from the event (without refund) — local authorities will be contacted.
Purchase of any Famous Monsters Convention® badge serves as legal consent and acknowledgment of the rules of conduct. Breaking any of the rules will result in the loss of your convention badge without refund.
- Anyone picking up a pre-registration badge must have legal ID and a proof of purchase.
- ALL badges are non-transferable and the staff may request ID at anytime that they believe someone may be carrying someone else’s badge.
- All badges must be worn visibly at all times within the Convention areas.
- Famous Monsters Convention® is not liable for any lost badges. If your badge is lost, please check with lost and found.
- Famous Monsters Convention® badges are required for entry to all Convention events — no exceptions.
- Anyone caught “borrowing” a badge will be removed from the Con, as will the person who “loaned” you their badge. Borrowing or loaning badges is STEALING — Let’s all support the convention the correct way and enjoy it together. All badges are the property of Cosmic-Con and must be relinquished to Cosmic-Con upon request. Cosmic-Con reserves the right to refuse admission, to refuse service and/or to cancel/revoke your badge at Cosmic-Con’s discretion.
- By attending Famous Monsters Convention® or any part of Cosmic-Con® produced events, you agree to allow Famous Monsters Convention®, and its producer Cosmic-Con, its agents, affiliates, licensors, licensees or assignees, the right to use your image and/or likeness by media now known or hereafter devised for advertising and/or other promotional purposes. You also agree not to take pictures or videos where posted or announced as prohibited and agree that any permitted photos or videos will not be used for any commercial purposes and will not be made publicly available or generally displayed without the prior written consent of Cosmic-Con.
- All lost, misplaced, stolen and forgotten badges — paid or complimentary — will incur a badge replacement fee or require the purchase of a new badge.
PROGRAMMING RULES AND GUIDELINES
Seating in panel rooms is “first come, first served” with the exception of Bronze, Silver, and Gold pass holders for the celebrity panels. There is no priority seating for Bronze, Silver, and Gold pass holders for smaller panels or Silver Scream Fest film screenings.
Some panels occur more than once over the weekend, if you miss the first one you may be able to attend the next.
Popular panels will require that all vacant seats are filled. Do not leave gaps in between seats; save seats; or put bags, purses, etc., in the seat next to you.
Remain seated during the panel or presentation unless otherwise requested by the panelist.
For safety reasons, if a panel room is full, do not stay: Doorways and hallways must not be blocked in case of emergency.
Recordings, video footage and pictures are at the panelists’ discretion. Some panels, such as the guest Q&A and the theater room, may prohibit recordings and pictures due to contractual obligations and copyright laws. Please be mindful and respectful when going into a panel room where these rules might apply.
Celebrity Q&As are for all who attend and timing should be observed. When asking questions, please be succinct. We also ask that you not request a hug, kiss, autograph, etc., during the Q&A. Due to time constraints, it is possible that some people will not be able to ask a question.
Cell phones must be set to vibrate or on silent when going into a panel as not to disturb the panel. If you must take a call, we ask that you leave the room. Remember to be courteous to those around you.
Please don’t linger in a panel room after it is over.
Please discard trash in the proper receptacle outside the panel room. These rooms are used several times over the course of the weekend, and cleaning crews do not come until late in the evening.
Guest or panel cancellations occur on rare occasions. These are usually situations outside of the convention’s control. Keep in mind that all listed panels, workshops, events and Q&A are subject to change.